Tuesday, October 4, 2011

puppy play date

Has it already been two weeks since I last posted?  Goodness.  I don't even know where the time goes sometimes!  In any case... we have had a busy two weeks!

The weekend before last I drove to Carthage, MO to visit my grandmas.  Since my parents moved at the beginning of the summer, it's not as easy for me to visit my grandmas while visiting my parents.  It was great to spend the afternoon with them.  Grandma Lansdown and I went to lunch together and had such a nice visit.  I was griping about how much I hate doing laundry (and David can definitely confirm that!!) and my grandma started telling me how they used to do laundry when she was a little girl.  They had to wash in one bucket, rinse in one bucket and wring the clothes out through a wringing machine.  Then they hung the clothes to dry.  This took up a whole Monday.  Tuesday was ironing day.  Grandma said she hated ironing day!  I don't blame her... that nut does not fall far from the tree!  I then went to visit my Grandma Gipson.  I talk to her on the phone some, but it's always good to see her in person.  We had a nice visit as well.  I need to make it a point to go visit them more often - I know it means a lot to them, and the time I have with them is so important to me.

This past weekend Hamilton had a very special guest.  His puppy cousin Wilson came to spend the weekend with us.  Wilson belongs to David's cousin Jay and his wife Merideth.  They were going out of town over the weekend, so David and I volunteered to keep Wilson.  He and Hamilton had a BLAST.

They played and played and played and played and played and play and played some more!  It was funny to see Hamilton as the "old dog," because he is usually the more hyper pup.  David and I definitely had forgotten what it was like to have a puppy around the house.  It was really so much fun.  We are grateful that Jay and Merideth shared Wilson with us for the weekend, and are so glad we were able to help them out.  We're working on planning the next puppy play date for Hamilton and Wilson!

 Chewing on our matching bones!

Puppy love...

Last but not least (although there is so much more I could write!) I saw The Help last night with the lovely ladies from Community Group.  I broke my usual rule of reading the book first before seeing the movie, but this movie only made me want to read the book even more!

So... in the words of Aibileen... "you is kind, you is smart, you is important."  What sweet words to remember as we go about our busy days...

No comments:

Post a Comment