Tuesday, November 8, 2011

fall fun & the ten-week razorback wreath

Hello friends!

I wanted to do a quick blog update on a few fun fall things going on at the Camp household... and reveal my craftiest things to date!  It feels like in Arkansas we only have two real seasons... summer and winter.  It goes from really hot to really cold way too fast, and leaves us with what seems like a couple weeks of spring and fall in between.  Well in my book, "fall" starts after Labor Day with the beginning of football season.  I'm a huge Chicago Bears fan, and of course an Arkansas Razorback fan!  I decided to pay tribute to my alma mater by getting a little crafty for football season. 

While going through several wreath ideas, I finally settled on making a ribbon wreath.  I started my wreath at the beginning of August with my friend Hayley.  Let's just say... Hayley is much craftier than me and finished her wreath a LONG time ago.  It took me about ten weeks to finish this one... but it was finally finished by the end of October.



Mom had to help me with the bow!  I am pleased with how it turned out.  It's new home is no longer on the kitchen table or in a spare bedroom - it's hanging proudly on our pantry door!

Onto another fall favorite:  Halloween.  I definitely get my love for Halloween from my mom.  Every Halloween costume I had when I was little was homemade.  It is just so fun to dress up!  And... I love trick-or-treaters!  This year I made some cute treats to hand out to the tricksters.  I think we had around 15 or so, which is an improvement from last year, so I was excited.  Here are the super easy pumpkin treats I made.  I found these on a crafting blog, although I can't remember which one!  I just used tissue paper, floral tape and a little raffia for the bow!



And of course Halloween wouldn't be complete without a visit from two of my little buddies:  Micah and Eva!  They were dressed up like a cute little firefighter and lady bug.

The picture is a little fuzzy... but they're still the cutest!

This past weekend my parents came down for the Arkansas versus South Carolina game.  This was a kind of early Christmas present for them.  They're not going to be in town (or even in the country!) for Christmas, so David and I decided to take them to a game as a part of our Christmas celebration.  The last time they came to a Razorback game was my freshman year in college... and needless to say, it wasn't the best Razorback experience.  But I think this past weekend was a success.  We took them to David and Kayla's tailgate, ate some great chili and saw a great game!  We're already looking forward to the next one!


No comments:

Post a Comment