Monday, January 21, 2013

[organize chaos] the truth: my house is a disaster

In November of 2010,  I started a blog called "organize chaos," in an attempt to create accountability for organizing my home.  This blog never saw the light of day again, and in August of 2011, I converted the original blog into "happy campers."  Ironically enough, the first blog isn't even listed in my archive anymore.  Blogger.com must have known that the initial post wasn't all that important.  Or maybe I deleted the original post because I was too embarrassed by it and now honestly cannot remember doing so.

Either way, here I am starting a blogging series on organizing my home.  FOR REAL.  Because quite honestly, my house is a disaster - and I really can't take it anymore.

I have several theories about how and why my house is in the state that it is.  But in reality these "theories" are really just called "excuses," and it's time for me to do something about it.  There are days I feel that I am thisclose to a "Hoarding:  Buried Alive" nomination.

The sad part is, I love to organize.  I love to be organized.  So what I have allowed to happen in my home the past three years is inexcusable and a little frightening.  I am really great at shutting doors... and shoving things behind closed doors when we have company.  But very rarely do I take the time to deal with the stuff behind the closed doors.  I don't like people to see it... and to know that my house really does look like this:

 my side of the closet...

...verses david's side of the closet

office take one... 

 take two...

 take three... (see why i keep the door shut?)

 christmas and craft clutter...

...this room was clean two months ago!

And so there it is.  I have my work cut out for me, but I know I can do it!  And I'll keep you all updated along the way.  (I can't leave you all to think my house will look like this forever!)

I plan on using a few resources to help me out - "Organize Now," "Fresh Living by Sara Snow," and am pondering purchasing "Organized Simplicity."  I am also open to any organizing advice anyone might have for me!

Time to get busy!  Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could come help one day! I looooove organizing! I bet Pinterest can help you a lot! Also, I love www.thenesteffect.com! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain 100%. We're trying to clean our house for potential renters to come view it and man oh man, do I completely understand what you're going through! We have a "storage room" you could hardly walk in when we began... it's a little better now but there is still much to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want help, I'm here! I absolutely love to organize stuff. Seriously...call me if you need me :)

    ReplyDelete