Tuesday, July 30, 2013

[organize chaos] a little laundry room love

I am a procrastinator by nature. Don't even get me started on how crazy I drive myself sometimes. But!  When I know something has to get done, I can get it done, and get it done fast!

About two weeks ago our dryer broke. I had to call a service technician to come take a look, but I was embarrassed for him to come. Why? Because my laundry room looked like this:

                                 


A mega mess if I have ever seen one. The poor guy wouldn't have even been able to get in. I knew I had to get to work! Luckily, I had my sidekick to help.

                                 

I took every single thing (besides the W and D) out of the laundry room and swept the floor. I really need to get behind the W and D, but for now the dust monsters are out of sight and out of mind. 

Next it was time to sort all of the junk! I threw away some things, bought a new basket and some organizational wall mounts and got to work putting the stuff that belonged in the laundry room back in the laundry room!

Along the way I had some mis-haps. I tried to channel my mister-fix-it father, but I ended up with four not level holes in the wall... Those are out of sight/mind for now too!

Aren't you dying to see the "after pictures?"

                                

                                

                                

                                

It feels so good to have this little room all tidy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment